- Robert Spencer (Chair)— email@example.com— 978-479-1450
- Martin Langeveld (Clerk) — firstname.lastname@example.org— (802) 380-0226
- Madeline Arms — email@example.com— (802) 257-5650
- Jeffrey Dunklee — firstname.lastname@example.org — (802) 257-1433
- Jason O'Brian — email@example.com
- Jim Pinkerton — firstname.lastname@example.org — 802-688-5050
- Roger Rulewich — email@example.com — 413-387-9524
Planning & Economic Development Commission members are appointed by the Selectboard.
The Vernon Planning Commission is responsible for periodic updates to the Town Plan, and for monitoring a variety of activities in the town to ensure compliance or compatibility with the Town Plan.
In addition, the Selectboard has charged the Planning Commission with primary oversight of economic development in the town. Under Vermont Statute Title 24, Chapter 117, Sub-Chapter 002, Sub-Section 4325, (4), town planning commissions may “…undertake capacity studies and make recommendations on matters of land development, urban renewal, transportation, economic and social development, urban beautification and design improvements, historic and scenic preservation, the conservation of energy and the development of renewable energy resources and wetland protection.”
To this end, the commission explores opportunities for economic development that are consistent with the Town Plan.
The Commission’s regular monthly meeting is on the second Wednesday of the month, at 6:30 p.m. in the lower level of the Town Office building. Meetings are open to the public and handicapped-accessible.
Vermont statutory duties and responsibilities of town planning commissions
The duties and responsibilities of municipal planning commissions are laid out in the Vermont Statutes, 24 V.S.A. § 4325.