The Governor Hunt House, built In 1764, is a historic home — and one of the two or three oldest houses in Vermont — with an attached wing with a large meeting area, located on Governor Hunt Road. The complex was donated in 2020 by Entergy Corp. to the Friends of Vernon Center, a non-profit organization, which is redeveloping it into a community center. A variety of uses is envisioned.
For information on the Governor Hunt House project, please visit the website of the Friends of Vernon Center.
The Friends of Vernon Center also worked with the town on the development of a conceptual master plan for Vernon's designated village center area. Visit this page for more information about the Village Center process, and a link to the plan.