To help limit the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) Vernon Free Library is closed to the public until further notice. Please explore the digital resources available on our website.
Curbside Pickup Service available
Hours for Curbside Pickup: Tuesday and Thursday from 1 pm to 6 pm. Holds must be received by 3 pm on the day before pickup day. Materials will be in a paper bag labeled with your name and located on a cart on the Governor Hunt Rd side of the building. When picking up items, support social distancing and please only ONE person at a time at the cart.
Place your items on HOLD
- Search for items through the library catalog on the library website and “Place Hold”.
- Or email your request to email@example.com
- Or call the library at 257-0150 and leave a message with your name, phone number and items you would like.
- You will be notified when your items are ready for pickup.
- Items may be placed in the Library RETURN BOX on the Governor Hunt Rd side of the building.
- Returned items will be cleaned and quarantined for 72 hours before they are available for circulation. (Please note this does not guarantee that items are free of COVID-19.)
When searching for books on sites like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. the “Library Extension” box will appear. When you click on the title in the “Library Extension”, you can see if the book is available at Vernon Free Library or another library in Vermont and it will take you to Vernon Free Library catalog.
ONLINE RESOURCES available for all ages! Visit www.vernonfreelibrary.org to access:
- Vermont Online Library – reference databases, periodicals, small business information, genealogy, etc.
- Universal Class – over 500 Online Continuing Education Courses.
- Learning Express – a website that provides training for workplace, academic, and job hunting skills. Prepare for and take as occupation exam, like CDL, law enforcement, teaching, and more. Work on skills for school, from elementary to college, or practice for the SAT, ACT, or GRE. Explore potential careers, based on interest, skills, and future growth. Get support for resumes, cover letters, and interviews, or search for jobs and internships. Prepare for the GED, or work on math and reading for adults.
All made possible by: