The Town of Vernon is establishing a Fire Department Restructuring Advisory Committee to assist in the process of restructuring its Volunteer Fire Department.
The Advisory Committee will provide advice to the Selectboard with regard to:
- Establishment of a leadership and operational structure for the department
- Qualifications for membership and leadership positions
- Evaluation of applicants for membership and leadership positions
- Policies and procedures to govern department operations
- A process and timeline for resuming fire department operations
- Monitoring the progress and performance of the department for 6-12 months after operations resume.
The Advisory Committee will consist of two active fire chiefs from area communities, one retired fire chief, one member of the Selectboard, a representative of Rescue, Inc., and up to two Vernon residents.
Persons interested in serving in the Vernon resident slots on the Advisory Committee should send a letter of interest, briefly outlining any relevant experience and qualifications, to Chris Parker, chair of the Selectboard, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Advisory Committee.” Include a phone number where you may be reached.
Please send your letter of interest by Tuesday, September 29 at 5 p.m. The Selectboard aims to make appointments by Thursday, October 1.