To help limit the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) Vernon Free Library is closed to the public until further notice. Please explore the digital resources available on our website.
Curbside Pickup Service available — Hours for Curbside Pickup: Tuesday and Thursday from 1 pm to 6 pm. Holds must be received by 3 pm on the day before pickup day. Materials will be in a paper bag labeled with your name and located on a cart on the Governor Hunt Rd side of the building.
When picking up items, support social distancing and please only ONE person at a time at the cart.
Place your items on HOLD
- Search for items through the library catalog on the library website and “Place Hold”.
- Or email your request to email@example.com
- Or call the library at 257-0150 and leave a message with your name, phone number and items you would like.
- You will be notified when your items are ready for pickup.
- Items may be placed in the Library RETURN BOX on the Governor Hunt Rd side of the building.
- Returned items will be cleaned and quarantined for 72 hours before they are available for circulation. (Please note this does not guarantee that items are free of COVID-19.)
Test your firewood with a moisture meter — available to borrow, free, at the Library!
Every Vermonter knows that burning wet wood is a waste of money and energy. Wood burns most efficiently when the moisture content is between 15- 20%. Green wood can have a moisture content of over 50%.
Dry wood burns hotter, more efficiently, and produces less smoke then wet wood.
A moisture meter is the most reliable way to determine which wood in your wood pile is ready to burn.
Ask your librarian about borrowing a moisture meter to check your wood pile, and visit https://www.epa.gov/burnwise/learn-you-burn-wood-what-you-can-do for additional BurnWise tips.
Imagine Your Story at the Northfield Drive-In
981 Northfield Street
in celebration of Summer Reading 2020
Every Wednesday in July & August — Gates Open @ 6:30 ~ Movies begin at dusk
Tickets Available Weekly from the Vernon Free Library.
257-0150 — firstname.lastname@example.org — Call or email to reserve your tickets before 5 pm on Monday before movie. Pick up tickets during Curbside Pick Up hours on Tuesday between 1 to 6 pm.
Tickets will not be sold at the gate.
Due to the generosity of Julia & Steve Wiggin, the new owners of the Northfield Drive-In, we request that you purchase your food on-site in support of them offering this amazing series just for library users in celebration of Summer Reading. They will have concession runners and ordering via Smartphone and concierge service for your safety and comfort. Thank You and Enjoy!
- THE SECRET OF NIMH – Wednesday, August 5
- HOOK – re-scheduled to Thursday, August 6
- BACK TO THE FUTURE – Wednesday, August 12
- WILLY WONKA – Wednesday, August 19
- SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES – Wednesday, August 26
Enjoy a walk on the beautiful trails and read a picture book!
WHERE: J. Maynard Miller Town Forest at the top of Basin Road, Vernon\
WHEN: Beginning Friday, August 7th
SPONSORED by the Vernon Free Library