Here’s all the info you need about the Town Picnic being held tomorrow, Saturday June 29. There is a possibility of rain in the form of scattered thunderstorms, SO:
• For the FIREWORKS, the rain data is SUNDAY. Check the Vernon Facebook page for the latest info.
• The PICNIC is ON, rain or shine. Extreme weather may force some changes or cancellations, but there is no rain date for any of the events.
TOWN PICNIC — SATURDAY, JUNE 29
SAVE THE DATE, and plan to spend the whole day — activities for the whole family, including:
- Free swimming all day at the rec center pool
- Fire Muster 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the ball field
- Bike Decorating contest 3-3:45 p.m. at the rec center
- Bike parade 3:45-4 p.m.
- Kids Carnival ($1 for 10 tickets) 4-6 p.m.
- 3 vs 3 Basketball Tournament (registration required starts @ 3:15 p.m. Cost is $20 per team — see info in next item below
- Tornadoes jump rope show (Alumni please come and join the show!) 6:15-6:30 p.m.
- Memorial Moment: Patriotic Hymn Sing 8:15-8:45 p.m.
- FIREWORKS at 9 p.m., at the ball field
Volunteers are still needed. If interested in helping out in any capacity please contact Hannah Gantt at (802) 579-2279.
Bike Decorating is hosted by the Vernon Free Library. Kids can come with their bikes decorated or decorate on site (Patriotic Theme). This is a contest and there is a prize! A parade of the kids (parents are welcome) will take place at 3:45 p.m. from the Rec parking lot all the way to the Huckle Hill Senior Housing. (This is almost a half mile.) Kids Carnival costs this year: $1 for 10 tickets.
Registration for the 3 vs 3 Basketball Tournament will start at 3:15 p.m.. (Chad Mulverhill is the coordinator for this event.)
We are proud to have our very own Tornadoes Jump Rope team doing a presentation for us this year! They would like to invite alumni from near and far to come ready to participate in “Kangaroo Kids”!
There will be a bake sale by donation. If you would like to help out, we need people to bake and people to man the table. We will have Blueberry Haus (4 p.m. to end of fireworks) and Kona Ice (4-6 p.m. only), Vernon Fire Dept, and Brattleboro Area Lions Club for food vendors this year.
The Seventh Day Adventist Church is hosting our Memorial Moment this year and will be leading a Patriotic Hymn Sing for us. Our own Tim Arsenault will be DJing for us through out the event starting at 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Fireworks display will start promptly at 9:00 pm.
PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE COST OF THESE EVENTS. Donation buckets will be set up all around during the day. Any money raised through the bake sale, carnival, or collected in buckets goes towards TOWN PICNIC 2020. Please be prepared to have cash on hand for all of the activities.